The NC Education VCL Consortium
- Davidson College*
- Duke University
- East Carolina University*
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- North Carolina Central University*
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro*
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke*
- Western Carolina University*
- Alamance Community College*
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College*
- Bladen Community College*
- Cape Fear Community College*
- Cleveland Community College*
- Davidson County Community College*
- Edgecombe Community College*
- Fayetteville Technical Community College*
- Guilford Technical Community College*
- Isothermal Community College*
- Pitt Community College*
- Roanoke-Chowan Community College*
- Sandhills Community College*
- South Piedmont Community College*
- Surry Community College*
- Wake Technical Community College*
- Wilson Community College*
* denotes institutions that can log in to the NCSU install of Apache VCL. All others are partners have their own installs of Apache VCL set up locally.
Created: Mon, 06/23/2008 - 6:34pm, Last Updated: Mon, 03/10/2014 - 6:52pm
IBM has supported and helped fund Apache VCL-related projects and initiatives through numerous hardware grants, software grants, faculty funded research grants, and one time donations.
The Apache VCL exemplifies the goals of the Virtual Computing Initiative (VCI), launched by IBM and NC State University in 2006, to improve the quality of education through the application of technologies that include virtualization, cloud computing, hosted client-server models, etc.
- Feb 2008 - NetApp donated 2 FAS980 filers and software worth over $250,000 to be used to support dynamic provisioning of compute resources in NCSU's install of Apache VCL.
- Sept 2009 - Through the Department of Computer Science, NetApp, a Super ePartner with the department, has contributed hardware, software and services valued in excess of $260,000 to the university to expand the Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) and build the next generation of cloud computing environments. Full news article.
Intel has supported NCSU's install of Apache VCL through a one time hardware donation worth nearly $2.4 million dollars of Intel blade servers in 2007-2008.
EMC has provided a Celerra NS-120 unified storage system, software, and staff expertise to improve performance for provisioning virtualized environments.
- Sun Microsystems
Sun Microsystems provided an Academic Excellence Grant valued at $82,370. Full news article.
- IBM Cloud Academy
The mission of the IBM Cloud Academy is to provide an organization for K-12 schools and higher education institutions that are actively integrating cloud technologies into their infrastructures to share best practices in the use of clouds and to collaborate with partners to create innovative cloud technologies and models.
One of the organization's featured projects is the Virtual Computing Initiative which supports the ongoing development of Apache VCL.
Created: Thu, 07/10/2008 - 5:04pm, Last Updated: Mon, 03/10/2014 - 6:51pm
Created: Mon, 09/08/2008 - 2:04pm, Last Updated: Wed, 03/05/2014 - 5:59pm